Whistler's nightlife, Shops & Events
Ongoing Winter Events
Whistler Presents: Family Après: Family Après starts on Monday, December 23, 2013 and runs until March 26, 2014. Bring the family for outdoor Canadian winter fun at Whistler Olympic Plaza. A variety of activities and entertainment are happening every week. More Info
Sunday Sessions: A new musical experience at Merlins presented by Monster Energy 3-7pm More Info
WinterPRIDE 2014: Don't miss one of the biggest and best gay ski weeks in the world! 2014 marks the 22nd anniversary of Whistler's WinterPRIDE. From snow sports and pool parties to the infamous "Snowball Grand Finale Dance Party", it's the highlight of winter for lesbians, Bears, Spa Queens and everything in between. More Info
Peak to Valley Race - 30th Annual: In 2014 we celebrate the 30th Annual running of the Peak to Valley - a long standing and unique team race on Whistler Mountain. Teams of 4 (must be co-ed and all must be 19 or over) race a course which starts on the Whistler Saddle and finishes at Dusty's in the Creekside. More Info
Michael Fraser @ The GLC: The GLC Presents Michael Fraser - Friday January 31, 2014 - Doors at 930pm. More Info
Kokanee Valley Race Series: GS - The Kokanee Valley Race Series is held on Thursdays throughout the season. The series is open to skiers, telemarkers and snowboarders with different gender and age divisions. More Info
Experience the 2014 Winter Games in Whistler: To celebrate the 2014 Games Whistler Blackcomb will be showing coverage of the 2014 Winter Games at all of our Valley restaurants and bars: Dusty’s, Merlin’s & GLC. Dig out your favourite red and white outfit and come on by for après and cheer on our Canadians as they go for Gold in Sochi. More Info
Mostly Marley - Bob Marley Tributes and More! @ The GLC: The GLC Presents Mostly Marley - Bob Marley Tributes and More! Friday February 7th , 2014- doors at 930pm. More Info
Whistler's GoPro Junior Freeski Challenge: This IFSA event challenges competitors 12-18 years old to shred big mountain terrain, while judges score them based on style, speed, and line choice. More Info
David James & Big River – A Tribute to Johnny Cash @ Merlins: MERLINS Presents David James & Big River – A Tribute to Johnny Cash. Saturday February 8, 2014- doors at 900pm. More Info
BC Family Day: A mid winter statuary holiday for British Columbia residents to celebrate the importance of families. More Info
Calling all Shop-o-holics!
Whistler offers a unique shopping experience. Modeled after a Swiss Alpine Village, the Whistler Village is closed off to car traffic, allowing you to stroll comfortably from shop to shop along a cobblestone path. Whistler's diverse amenities attract the casual weekend golfers to the summer long working students. Whistler has many great local businesses that sell unique clothing and equipment to the Whistler area. In Whistler you will always be greeted with a huge smile and a cheery hello every time you enter a store. Be sure to spend the day exploring every corner of the Village. There are several great stores that are just off the main Village Stroll.
Sip. Shop. Dance.
When the sun goes down the fun goes way up in Whistler with dozens of clubs, pubs, lounges and live entertainment venues. Shops, art galleries and boutiques are also open late if a little shopping is what you have in mind. Best of all, you'll find all of it on the doorstep of Whistler Village Inn + Suites. Here are some of the nightlife picks of our staff and guests:
- Moe Joe's - A favourite of locals and visitors alike, this popular spot features both live music and talented DJs.
- Longhorn Saloon & Grill - Another favourite of the locals and a great place to shoot some pool and watch the big game.
- Whistler Brewhouse - The original village brewpub serving up both year-round and seasonal ales and lagers.
- Savage Beagle - Attracts all ages with both an upscale street level lounge and lively lower level dance club.
- Garfinkel's - Attracts a younger crowd that likes to dance to hip-hop and R&B. Arrive early and dance the night away.
- Buffalo Bill's - Attracts the 30+ crowd and features regular comedy nights and hypnotists.
- 21 Steps - The upstairs Attic Lounge features an extensive beverage menu and comfortable leather couches.
- The Mountain Club - Enjoy handcrafted cocktails and an extensive Pacific-Northwest wine list.
- Seven - Cool Martinis and an even cooler decor.
- The Mix by Ric's - An intimate upbeat lounge featuring fresh fruit cocktails.
- Maxx Fish - Attracts a younger crowd with dozens of plush booths and a concert quality sound system.